|Posted by Jinx Grand on January 25, 2013 at 7:35 PM|
WHY THE JETS SHOULD TRADE REVIS:
• He is coming off of an ACL surgery, and – being a cornerback – knees are one of the most important parts of an effective DB; cutting and starting. The odds he will be at top performance are slim, thus giving the Jets more reason to trade him now.
• He wants to be paid more than anybody else in the NFL. Now, Revis is a great back and deserves to be paid well … but I know that Woody Johnson doesn’t want to give him anything near what Mario Williams got last year (5-year, $96M). Too much!!
• They can’t win a Superbowl with a great corner and horrible offense. Let’s face it, the Jets offense is horrible. So, instead of restricting yourself financially with Revis, trade Darralle so that you can either receive offensive players or 1st round draft picks!
WHY THE JETS SHOULD NOT TRADE REVIS:
• Because he’s (arguably) the greatest player the NYJ have had since Joe Namath!! This is Woody Johnson’s logic: Yeah, let’s just trade the greatest player the franchise has seen in years AND the best cornerback in the league. Yup, no problem! Keep the best player so your team gets better!
• He’s a fan favorite. He is head-and-shoulders the most popular Jet, and rightly so!!!